Instructions for creating a product and entering product information.
Creating a product
- You can create new products and product groups and modify existing ones. From the Backoffice menu select "Products" -> "All products".
Add a new product by clicking "Add product".
Entering product information
Here's how to add products to sell on Stockmann.com:
1. From the Sales channels options, check the box for Stockmann.com.
- Once this is done, a note displays stating what fields need to be filled. Also more fields become mandatory in addition to the product name and price.
- Alternatively, you can create the product first and add it to the Stockmann.com sales channel later.
- Please note that when you save a product in the Stockmann.com sale channel, Stockmann.com has it's own checks and requirements so you may need to add additional information or make changes. Mandatory product information fields are highlighted in red or say they are required.
2. In Product details section, you can enter the product name, description, category name and SKU.
- The description field must not contain formatting, e.g. HTML tags. Formatting is automatically removed when the product is added to Stockmann.com for sale.
- The category name shown in the product information is the merchant's own product groups. The Stockmann.com product groups will be set later.
3. In the Pricing section, in addition to the price of the product you can add a purchase price or discount price.
- The "Purchase price" doesn't display to the customers and can be used in reporting if desired.
- If you wish to reduce the price of a product the product has a reduced price, you can add it either as a percentage or in euros.
4. In the Inventory section, you can add the product's barcode, brand, supplier, package size and stock amount.
- EAN = GS11 standard EAN barcode (8-13 characters long). The EAN barcode is a unique barcode at Stockmann.com. Two different products cannot have the same EAN barcode.
- Brand = Choose from Stockmann.com's brands. If you can't find a brand on the list, contact Stockmann's Digital partners team. You can search for a brand by entering the name of the brand in the search box.
- Supplier = Not mandatory information and not visible on Stockmann.com
- Package size = Package size is mandatory for the calculation of deliveries. The information must be entered in centimeters.
- Stock amount = Mandatory information. Only a product with a stock amount is shown for sale on Stockmann.com. You can also set the oversell option for the product, in which case the product will be visible on Stockmann.com, even if the stock amount is zero. If the oversell is selected, a delivery option displays. Select the delivery time for the product as this is mandatory for the queuing product.
5. In the Product options (variants) section, you can set the options you have already created for the product in "Product options".
- These can be the color or size of a product, for example.
- Creating these group options in advance help speed up the creation of a variant product, because you do not have to enter options separately for each product.
- You can choose from the drop-down menu up to 3 of the group options you created. Once you have selected them, click on the edit option to add the price and SKU.
6. In the Images section, you can set a product image by uploading an image from your computer.
- The image must be in JPG or PNG format.
- Once the image has been uploaded, click on it to edit it. Here you can select whether the image is for a selected variant or for all variants.
- You can add more images by clicking "+ Add image".
- At Stockmann.com, a product can have a maximum of 10 images. If you use several images, you can choose one of them as the main image, which will appear first in the product information.
- The image will be cropped for Stockmann.com, and the image must be on a white background. You can get more detailed information about image requirements from Stockmann's digital partners team.
7. In the Stockmann section, you enter the more detailed information intended for Stockmann. Some of this information is mandatory and some not, but adding voluntary information can improve the visibility of the product on Stockmann.com. You can get a more detailed description of this information from Stockmann's digital partners team.
- Category = Defines which category the product belongs to on Stockmann.com. The selected category must be the most descriptive category possible. I.e. if you want to sell a men's raincoat you should choose the most accurate product type from the category list: "Sadetakit /Muoti/Miehet/Vaatteet/Takit" instead of "Takit /Muoti/Miehet/Vaatteet". You can check the category list by typing a letter in the field which will then display all of the options.
- Color filter = Defines which color the product is combined with in the product search.
- Web availability date = You can specify from which date the product is visible on stockmann.com. The value can be today or some future date.
- Color in Stockmann and Size in Stockmann = These are only visible for a product that has no product options. If the product has product options, this information will be linked to them.
- The product contains a dangerous substance = If the product is so-called VAK product, this option must be selected.
- Energy label = You can choose the product's energy label and set a picture for it. This information is displayed on the product card at Stockmann.com.
- Other information = This is additional information that appears on the product card, if set. Text should be entered in the fields, unless it is a question of fields where numerical values should be entered, such as washing temperature.
If you want to see what a successfully exported product looks like on Stockmann.com, you can do so by clicking the arrow next to the Stockmann.com sales channel. The arrow appears when the product has been successfully exported and is visible on Stockmann.com.
When you have filled in all the desired fields, click "Add product".