With the help of Excel import, you can import comprehensive product information for products, which can be transferred to Stockmann.com. The Excel file has the same fields as the product information.
Benefits of Excel bulk import
If you have a lot of products, Excel bulk import of products is an easy and fast way to add the products to the product register at once. The file must be in .xlsx format and you can download the file from Backoffice.
- Tip: before importing new products, we recommend downloading your current products in Excel format using the "Export to Excel" function in Backoffice. This way you can see how your current products appear in the Excel template.
To import to Excel, do the following:
- Log in to Backoffice and from the "Products" menu select "All products" -> " Import".
- In the window that opens, click "products.xlsx" to download the .xlsx file and save the file to your computer.
- Open the file with Excel or a similar program and complete the product information in the file. Remember to save the file after editing on your computer! The name of the tab should be kept as "Tuotteesi" for the functionality of the file.
The product data fields are as follows
- SKU: Variant products with the same SKU as the parent product.
- Is variant: Enter "true" here if it is a variant product. Otherwise, you can leave the field blank.
- Variant SKU: If it's a variant product, add the variant SKU here. SKU is unique, unique information in Online Exclusive.
- Name: Product name
Variant product properties: (Properties can be added to variant products, such as colors or sizes) The variant product must have a color and a size. If the product has only one color, this information can be imported through the Color column (AF), in which case only the size is added to the product through the properties.
- Property 1 value
- Property 2 name
- Property 2 value
- Property 3 name
- Property 3 value
- Description: A description cannot be added to variant products.
- Category: The product group cannot be added to variant products. Not mandatory information, used for reporting.
- Purchase price: Not mandatory information.
- Tax: Tax (VAT) cannot be added to variant products.
- Discount price: If there is no discount, leave the field blank.
- Supplier: The supplier of the product cannot be added for variant products. Not mandatory information.
- Barcode / EAN: The barcode must be an 8, 12 or 13-digit number according to the GS1 standard. Enter the barcode for either the variant or main product, not both. The barcode is unique information at Stockmann.com.
- Stock amount: A stock amount must be set for the product. If the product is made to order, you must set the stock balance to "0", allow overselling (Queue Selling enabled = 1) and specify the delivery time.
- Sell online: If the product is available for sale online, enter "true". Information cannot be added for variant products, only for the parent product.
- Length: Length, width, height and weight are information for logistics. Enter length, width and height in centimeters, weight in grams.
- Image URL 1 - 4: Add links to product images.
- Brand ID: You can get this information from Stockmann. The Brand ID is entered into Excel in the form: Brand_12345.
- Retail category: You can get this information from Stockmann. Retail category is entered into Excel in the form: RC_1_1_1_1.
- Web availability date: The date when the product will be available in the online store, if not immediately.
- Color: The color is entered as the desired value, for example "Blue", "Dark Grey". Mandatory information for the variant product.
- Color filter: If the product has a color, the color filter is mandatory information. Entered as an ID value.
- Size: The size is entered as the desired value, for example "one size", "S". Mandatory information in some categories. Mandatory information for the variant product.
- Gender: Mandatory information in the children's clothing category. Entered as an ID value.
- Dangerous Goods: If the product contains dangerous substances (Dangerous substances transportation legislation), fill in the safety labels for the product. Entered as an ID value at the variant level.
- Queue selling: Enables the sale of the product after the inventory goes to zero. If overselling is allowed (Enabled = 1), the delivery time should be set.
- Delivery time: Entered as an ID value.
- You can enter important additional information in the other fields, but they are optional. Keywords can make it easier to find a product in an online store.
4. When you have completed the necessary information, save the file on your computer in .xlsx format.
5. Upload the file to Backoffice by selecting "Import" and "Select file". In the window that opens, select the file you just saved or drag it into the window.
6. In the next window, choose which sales channel you want to sell the products in.
7. Next, the products will start loading to Backoffice. You will receive an email notification when everything is ready. If there are dozens or hundreds of products, this may take several minutes.