- The integration settings can be found in Shopify under Sales channel -> Online Exclusive. At the bottom of the page you will find settings related to synchronization and integration.
Integration settings: Product information
In the integration between Shopify and Online Exclusive's Backoffice, product information synchronization supports two-way synchronization.
Since both directions cannot be active at the same time, in the integration settings select which system is the master system for the product information. Only product changes made to the main system are preserved, because the main system always overrides the changes from the other system.
- E.g. if product information synchronization is Shopify -> Online Exclusive's Backoffice, product creation and product data updates must be done in Shopify.
- Product changes made to Online Exclusive's Backoffice will be overwritten when the product is updated from Shopify the next time.
Default setting: Product information is synced from Shopify to Online Exclusive's Backoffice, product deletions are also synced. If deletions are not synchronized, product deletions do not affect the other system.
Other synchronization settings
- Default tax code: The tax code set is imported by default for products synced from Shopify. The default is tax code 24.
- From the settings, you can choose whether Backoffice's brand information is combined with Shopify's Vendor field. By default, this setting is off. If a different brand is used as Vendor information in Stockmann's online store than in Shopify, the setting should not be activated.
- You can also add the purchase price to the product information either in Shopify or in Backoffice. If information is to be synchronized between systems, the setting should be turned on. By default it is off.
- Synchronize product information only once: By selecting this setting, the product information name, description and vendor (if vendor and brand information are combined) will be synchronized only the first time. This allows you to edit information, such as the product name, in Online Exclusive's Backoffice without overwriting the information. By default, the setting is off.
- Synchronize product prices only once: By selecting this option, the price information will be synchronized only the first time. The setting allows you to edit the price of the product separately both in Online Exclusive's Backoffice and in Shopify, i.e. a price change in your own online store does not affect the prices of the products on Stockmann.com. By default, the setting is off.